Derek Jennings wrote:

On Friday 20 Dec 2002 10:23 pm, John Richard Smith wrote:

Derek Jennings wrote:

SNIP

WARNING - The following text will be of no interest to any non Britons,
and will be tediously boring to anyone who reads it.
-- -

SNIP

Well, there you are, it's not entirely bunk after all.
One further question though.
From the above explanation, all uk telephone appliances count as one of
those 4 devices, but does a computer modem connection count as well.

John

Yes

derek

PS: John could you alter your mozilla mail client settings please and
remove the "Reply to" Field. It is not necessary, and means whenever
someone replies to one of your posts, it gets addressed directly to you
and not the list. We then have to enter the list address by hand which is
a PITA. Your non list mails will not be affected since all mail clients
will address reply mails to the e-mail address they originated from if a
'Reply To' address is not specified.

Do you mean like this

John

That's better
Thank you. :)

It would be nice if I could alter the composer setting for newbie.
I cannot see that it is possible without altering the global settings.
One has to remember to do this each time.

John

--
John Richard Smith
[EMAIL PROTECTED]