On Mon, 2003-01-06 at 12:22, Anne Wilson wrote:
> It was never my intention to set off such a long OT, but it is harmless.  For
> those who find it a problem it is a simple matter to set a filter that
> ignores such posts - correct me if I'm wrong?
>
> I do not want to be a nuisance to others, but nor should they be a nuisance to
> me.

An insoluble problem, that occurs on every list at some time, I think.

A bit of off-topic banter is generally good for a list in my
opinion,but, in fairness, whilst it may be fine for those of us who have
cable/dsl/unlimited dial-up, it is a bit of a pain for those who are
paying by the minute for online time and mailbox space.

David
--
Vah! Denuone Latine loquebar? Me ineptum. Interdum modo elabitur