s wrote:

You know, it's not the ot's that bothers me, it those posts with signatures over the usually acceptable 4 lines. There's a couple on here with 10 - 15 lines in their sigs. Talk about inconsideration!
Where does this four-line convention come from? A typical sig might consist of:

Witty quotation
Full name, title, honorifics etc.
Snail mail address
Website URL

Even is you miss out the quotation (which is the only thing of interest in many posts), it's still hard to get the rest onto four lines.

Sir Robin Longsig

--
"Chen Shuo, the time has come for action! My daughter
Zia has been stolen by the evil Wolf Jaw school, and

Robin Turner
IDMYO
Bilkent Univeritesi
Ankara 06533