Anne Wilson wrote:
You hit us at the wrong time, Andy. There is usually a bit of OT, but not much. This last 2 days have been most unusual. However, things have been a bit quiet in the past few weeks. The norm, without much OT, is 200 - 250 posts a day.
A good point. The two major OT threads are:

1. Banter about Star Trek. You're bound to get that sooner or later on any geeky list - it's just the way we are!

2. Arguments about American politics and the incipient war in the Middle East. I agree that this is totally OT, but on the other hand, there is a war about to start. Personally I'd rather find out about what my fellow Mandrake users think about a war that has the potential to kill me than read about configuration problems for hardware I don't have.

Let's keep the OT problem in proportion. 90% of on-topic posts are of little or no interest to me, because I don't have the problem they are describing and can't answer it. I accept this, because this is a general Mandrake list, not a list for people who have the same hardware and software interests as me. I also accept that there will be a number of OT posts which also do not interest me.

Sir Robin

--
"Do unto others what you would like others to do unto you. And have fun doing it."
- Linus Torvalds

Robin Turner
IDMYO,
Bilkent University