On Wed, 15 Jan 2003 18:40:34
Miark wrote:
> Despite today's date, he doesn't know what's going on with Mandrake's
> bankruptcy. He complains about the low value of boxed Linux-Mandrake,
> and say that Mandrake Club is useless and that votes mean nothing.
> He's suggesting mutiny against Mandrake because it's a for-profit
> organization.

> Dude, whatever. This article is a waste of bits.

It's odd that someone from the same timezone as myself can't imagine
that the article was published on the same day but before the
announcement came out.

The article was published at:
Jan 15 01:36 PST
according to the timestamp on the file...

That's 10:36 am CET (Paris time).

I'm not sure exactly what time Mandrake published their announcement but
it didn't show on /. until 10:05 am PST.  About 9 hours after my article
was written.

So unless I'm a time traveler I couldn't have possibly have known about
the bankruptcy filing.  Further, I'd been writing the article since the
29th of December.  It's timing was simply conicidence.

--
Ben Reser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://ben.reser.org

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy. She is
the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the
champion only of her own." -- John Quincy Adams, July 4th, 1821