wrote:

>> Chances are that if the company does survive, then at
some point the
>> stocks are going to go back up.  That means that  the
stockholders that
>> have not sold out still stand a chance to profit.
>>
>> --LX
>
>Lyvim, want to join me in a bet with anyone else? I've got
$10 here that says
>Mandrake does more than just survive, they come back
stronger than ever!

>  :-)
>
>--
>
>                                                                 /\
>                                                         Dark< >Lord
>                                                                 \/

   I aint going to bet aginst you. 1 of the things that people
here have failed to mention is that Mandrake was within
weeks of reaching a berak even point when this event took
place and had timing been just a bit different it would not
have happened at all.  Now with crediters off their back for a
little while and probably some debts and payment amounts
reduced in a lot of ways they may be better off than they
have been in about 2 years. My guess would be that they
should start to turn a small profit soon. It has been a hellofa
long time since they last did that!!
   As I see it Mandrake has the best OS around and if they
can just grt their act togather a little bit and put some old
contracts and debts behind them they can not help but to do
well.
   However I will admit that the next 2 or 3 months will be the
critical point.  It will be interisting to watch how things go.
But if my guess is right in 6 months they will be doing OK
and in a year or so may be taking a little bit of business
away from Microsoft every day. Hell they are already doing
that.  Overall if you take all things into consideration they
have done a outstanding job to have achived all that they
have in such a short time. Just 1 or 2 good breaks and they
could be at the top of the heap in the linux world and with
Linux growing as fast as it is that aint a bad place to be.

    Marc