On Friday 14 February 2003 04:25 am, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Friday 14 Feb 2003 12:51 am, et wrote:
> > well really I think it was Anne that made the statement in question; "OK
> > - if we don't agree, we don't exist" if you made that statement, perhaps
> > you would like to explain it.
> > I don't agree with Rush Limbaugh, but I am pretty sure we both exist.
>
> Et - I did make the statement in question.  It was in response to a
> statement (by Rob?  not sure) that there had been not a single voice raised
> in support/liking for the newer interface (and BTW, it doesn't sound much
> different from 9.0's).  That was patently untrue, though there are far more
> posts about disliking it.
>
> I have since apologised for my angry retort.  Manners cost nothing.
>
> Anne
I understood that, I just thought that my reply had caught the eye of others
who were also a bit hot under the collar, so to speak, and they were hoping
for something else to take out of context, I saw your apology and
explaination, and I hope everyone that had so much energy over a GUI, noticed
not one person said "so if you want the gui your way, learn perl and/or C++
and write the GUI the way you want, since it (GNU-Linux) is all about choice
and learning." No one is stopping anyone from writting their own GUI and
offering it to the world as an additional choice. (it is GNU/GPL is it not?)