On Wed, Mar 05, 2003 at 01:10:12PM -0500, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-03-05 at 12:09, Todd Slater wrote: > Not if you cut it with
> vodka. However, it will scare the hell out of your
>

> > > It's funny that you should mention him, I had an appointment with him
> > > this morning in preparation for a colonoscopy.  I'll lay off the ink for
> > > a few days before the procedure.
> > >
> > > Rich
> > > --
> > >   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >
> > Careful Rich--a friend went in last week for a colonoscopy and shortly
> > thereafter came down with a terrible fever and intestinal distress. He
> > returned home Monday after emergency surgery to remove 12 inches of his
> > perforated large intestine. It was nearly fatal.
> >
> > So, good luck with that!
>
> Thanks Todd.  This Dr. did a colonoscopy on me 2 1/2 years ago and I
> know he's good, but I guess that sort of thing can happen anytime.
>
> Rich

Maybe a pleasant tale will help!

I had a colonoscpy.  Before they started the procedure, they informed me of all the
things that could go wrong.  I asked what the odds were.  They told me numbers, which
I forget.  I remember doing a bit of mental calulation, and realized that my odds of
surviving the colonoscopy were better than my odds of surviving one day of commuting
to work.  Yes, accidents happen, but not often.

Incidentally, they had the fibre optic camera inside me connected to a big monitor
that I could see.  It was kind of fun, like exploring a cave, but without the
claustrophobic fear of a rockslide.  I even got to see where my appendix started, from
the inside!

-- hendrik