On Wednesday 05 Mar 2003 11:21 pm, Marc Oestreicher wrote:
>   If you do not have a owners manual handy you can watch the screen closely
> during startup. You will probably see something saying press F1 or some
> other key to change settings. Press and hold that key. That should bring
> you to the BIOS setup screen. While you are in the bios you may also want
> to check if there is any setting for a plug and play OS sometimes called
> PNP or PNP OS. Disable or shut off this feature

Though be aware that on some systems there will be problems with windoew98 if
pnp is shut off.  If that happens, switch it back on.  It seems to depend on
your system.  I ran a dual boot with it switched on for a good while, without
problems.  It's better off for Mandrake if you can, but if you can't get your
windows to swallow it, just go with the flow.

Anne
--
Registered Linux User No.293302