Diane; You need to make a small change in your BIOS so that the CDROM drive is the
first to boot. After that, everything will work fine. Check your owner's manual, and
look for information which tells you how to enter your BIOS. Once you get into the
BIOS, you should be able to change the order of the boot drives so that your CDROm is
the first. Re-Start your install from scratch, using the first Mandrake CD to boot
from, and you shold be in good shape. You can leave your BIOS as is after the istall,
but remember that and CD's which are "Bootable" will launch the system if you leave
them in the CDROM drive when starting or rebooting. Otherwise, change your BIOS back
to the original settings after you've completed the install.

Lanman