Diane Arsenault wrote:

Hello Civileme,

Oops - sorry about the HTML - I didn't realize it wasn't set to plain text.

- 128 Mb SDRAM PC 100, 2 DIMM sockets.  I had 128 Mb added, for a total of
256.  (NOTE - when the BIOS fires up it report 255 Mb's, not 256)

- 40 Gb 5400 RPM Hard Drive

- 48x CD-ROM Drive (LG) (original equipment)

- 48 x 24 x 48 x CD-RW added (also LG)

- 1.44 3.5" Floppy Drive

- Intel 82810 Onbaord Video Graphics with 4 Mb of shared video memory
(Integrated into chipset, no AGP slot)

Snipped

FYI - although the specs say "4 MB shared video memory, under the Advanced
menu in the BIOS it says 1 MB.

4mb video memory isn't very much these days, I have 8 and sometimes the display struggles a bit. And if it's set in the BIOS to only use 1mb then it's possible that the graphical installation can't actually function on such a low vid memory.

Of course, I may be wrong about this and there are plenty of people on this list who know more than me.

--
Graham Watkins

For me, morning begins when I realize that the soft warm body curled up next to me is a cat. (Kinky Friedman - Frequent Flyer)

Registered Linux user number 265254 http://counter.li.org