On Thursday 13 Mar 2003 9:12 pm, Leendert wrote:

> Now I have some other questions:
> -Can I look for a driver for my monitor, or make a text document with the
> specs or something myself to add it to the list, and will this help?

XFree86 Video Timing HOWTO
It hasn't been updated in a year, now, and I don't think it's canon anymore.
But it tells you how to hack the timings by hand. I used it, (but my problem
was a video card not good enough for a picky monitor, so it didn't help. YM
will probably V :-)

Oh, and you're probably using XF86Config-4, not the one without the "-4". But
the HOWTO is too old to tell you that.
--
Richard Urwin