I tried 16 bit, also tried the super vga interlaced now, but still no
result...

I think I just download and try 9.1rc tomorrow, ok, it's a rc, beta,
whatever, but maybe that one works :).
Control+alt+backspace didn't work (maybe because that was not implemented in
8.2?) so I had to restart each time.

I also found that HOWTO on the net, that is a little too complicated for me,
but if 9.1 also won't work I'll try it for sure!
On the other side, I need to buy a new monitor anyway, this one sucks...

> BTW what version of Xfree86 are running?

How can I get the version number?

> Well look at the bright side: You're getting a crashcourse CML and probably a
> working windowmanager to top it off:o)

At least I learn how to work with that command line system, will always come
in handy, because I think unix based systems are going to be the future
standard (windows sucks (sorry windows users) and apple already made it's
newest OS on unix), and the basic commands also work in the terminal in
MacOS X :-D

-Leendert