On Sun, 2003-03-16 at 14:14, Benjamin Pflugmann wrote:
> Hi.
<snip>

> > Make sure you,ve got good air circulation, esp. round your vid card
> > - they can get real hot too.
>
> Agreed. A good test (not for the faint-hearted :-) is to run with open
> case and use a hair-dryer or alike (on "cool" setting - or whatever
> that might be called) in direction of the CPU and see if it makes a
> difference in how long it needs until the CPU locks up.

<snip>

Actually no need to be too nervous - I've been running my PC without its
back for the last 18 months [but no fan], after it started repeatedly
shutting down or re-booting while running Win$ or during boot-up, all
because of dicey CPU cooling. Now, no problems.

Good luck!

--
Douglas B. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>