On Sunday 16 March 2003 04:24 am, Bart Salien wrote:

> Roland ,

Er, its Ronald (all my friends call me "Ron") but Roland is okay - love the
French hero of the same name (Durandana and Olifant!) (sp?)  :-)

> I' m not so sure that the indication of the cpu temp. is always so accurate
> . A good thing to try is when the machine locks up , reboot emmidiatly (so
> everything is still hot) , and run the test again . When it is the
> temperature which gives problems , it now should lock up even faster .

Well, going by that then I don't think its temperature. Why? Because I can and
have run this system for 24 hours straight - no problems. I can run the games
that give me problems after the system has been on for hours or minutes - and
the games will lock up at different times - I've been able to play UT2003,
for example, for 2-3 hours, then other times, can't play it for 2-3 minutes.

cpuburn, on the other hand - *always* locks up within 2 minutes.

> a second thing is trying to switch memory as suggested by Ian .

Gonna do that tomorrow for sure.

> Good luck .
>
> Bart.

Thanks!