> I changed the memory settings in BIOS from "spd" - auto to 2.5 - manual.

Hmm. I'm not sure what that does physically - my guess that it is
slowing the memory so it is more in spec or more in tolerance to
its requirements. It could be that your memory is just a tad out of
tolerance vs. your motherboard - and the converse could also be true, that
yuor motherboard could be just a wee bit out of spec with respect to
the memory capabilities. Either way, the memoy settings seem to have
fixed the problem.

As to cpuburn - it runs a very tight loop. I would think that it runs
entirely within the L1 processor cache (the loop is maybe 50 bytes
long) and as such your memory may not be as big an issue.

> "Samsung 2.5" memory. What about Kingston or Crucial? Are they okay?

Crucial seems to be highly recommended. Not sure about Kingston.