actually lilo allows you to hide/unhide partitions as part of its config, you
add a stanza to lilo.conf to change the partition type id to the
hidden/unhidden version of whatever it is, as an example take an old
lilo.conf of mine:

---snip---
other=/dev/hda2
label=winxp
change
        partition=/dev/hda1
                set=DOS16_big_hidden
        partition=/dev/hda2
                set=NTFS_normal
----snip---
i can't remember my particular need for this as i don't have it in my current
config but 'man lilo.conf' will give an explanation of what you need

bascule

--
"Yes, it's the right planet, all right, " he said again.
"Right planet, wrong universe. "