<snip>
FemmeFatale wrote:

IF he wants partition hiding & all the fun & usefulness of running DOS/Win98/XP/Linux/another Linux Distro all at once, Use XOSL & say "fuck LILO". Cause frankly, it sucks for this kind of thing.

How do I know? There was an article about it in Maximumpc about a guy who runs 32 (!) OSes. He uses XOSL. Nothing else works. So...take his lead.

The great thing about GNU/Linux systems is choice... there are many ways to do
what you want to do - if it don't break your setup, or how YOU want to do things - then
no problems! When you start to mix things up eg; operating systems - multiple versions
of different operating systems - with expectations about how things SHOULD be then
I certainly don't have any definitive answers....Hell I'm still a newbie who lurks and LEARNS
and posts about something when I know for certain that it works for me and how I want to do it.
If the way I have my setup is broke, . then I'll leave it broke 'cause somehow it works for me.

Tom, Joe, Stephen (your advice/recommendations are second only to your incredible SOH,)
Anne, Femme - with the pink hair... (and all you guys - to numerous to mention individually -
who make this list what it is....) keep up the great work.

When the reference is made to the Mandrake "Community", it is people like you
who make it so.

I have worked for about seven years in my local neighbourhood for a community organisation
and we have a saying..."If you want a Community, you don't have to give freely to to make
your community what you want it to be" .

I find myself reading articles where now, I feel I know a response may be appropriate and I
feeling confident that I can respond without fear of ridicule. That I can post a response that
answers a request, or elicits debate is something that makes me feel empowered.

I run GNU/Linux by chioce, and Mandrake is my preference and knowing that you guys are
using/learning/living and sharing your knowledge/experience here on this list is something
I look forward to daily.

I'm proud to use Mandrake and thankful to benefit from being a member of this list.

A big thankyou to you all

Regards

Graham

--