On Mon, 9 Jun 2003 15:15:42 +0100
RichardA <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> uttered:

> I think that's a wild exaggeration. I surfed for years using Win98 and
> never once had a problem. Admittedly I was cautious, and later started
> using Eudora, Opera and ZoneAlarm, but I started out with IE, OE etc.

same experience here, but unfortunately it's not currently relevant. If
you were using Win98 anything more than 3 years ago, you simply cannot
compare the two time-frames. With worms and virii, it is literally
reaching the point of exasperation with the majority of Windows users,
and that has been the situation since maybe mid 2001. The problem
certainly existed before that, obviously, but it's only been in the
years since XP was released that it's become so egregious, since it
includes so many features that enable users to do things like run an IIS
web server without knowing the slightest thing about it, and the dangers
involved. Steve Gibson was right, XP has been the worst thing to hit the
internet since spam.

--
 Joehill
 Registered Linux user #282046