On Thu, 2003-06-12 at 01:19, RichardA wrote:

> Stephen, it seems I owe you an apology. The only windows surfing I do
> these days is from a locked down desktop behind a Border Manager
> firewall. I had no idea things had changed so much.
>
> Gobsmacked, I am.
>
> Richard

It's a war. It also seems that, for whatever reason, every time that M$
either does something publically, or "shit is happening", the attacks
get worse.

By deduction, one would tend to think that the overall aim is to knock
down Microsoft even more and bring more embarrassment to them
publically; now that Microsoft has purchased RAV (sad sad sad - because
I install it on all machines that come through the house) I would
presume that the attacks are going to get even trickier, sneakier and
more dangerous (for the Windows OS that is).

Careful observation of public news and also hacker news seems to point
in that general direction.

In comparison to last year and the year before, it appears to have
gotten much worse - upwards of more than 150% worse (and that's
general).

Either which, I am safe, and when I dump my customers' data on my
drives, I clean it from linux which at least ensures the data integrity
when the box leaves the house...

--
Thu Jun 12 01:55:01 EST 2003
 01:55:01 up  1:53,  3 users,  load average: 0.27, 0.19, 0.10

Odd objects attract fire never lurk behind one
                -- Murphy's Military Laws n67