On Thu, 19 Jun 2003 18:13:10 +0100
Anne Wilson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Thursday 19 Jun 2003 4:35 pm, JoeHill wrote:
> > On Thu, 19 Jun 2003 10:31:32 -0500

> So play safe, as I did.  Install 9.1 alongside 9.0. If it goes badly
> wrong you can still use your old install.  If it doesn't you can
> ditch 9.0 when you are happy enough.  They'll live happily together,
> and lilo will find them both.  The only thing is that if you didn't
> make a separate /boot partition you will need to copy a couple of
> files from the old /boot into the new one, to ensure that both can be
> run.  Otherwise, no problems.

Hi Anne,
Ahh.... this could explain why hda - the previous 9.1 install  - wouldn't see hdd -
where 9.0 lives.
So with lilo presently running things from hdd, in order to have control from hda (new
9.1 install), it (hda) would need the /boot partition?... then copy the files from
hdd's lilo?
Have I got that straight?