Come on people.  ALL drives fail, and I don't care what brand you have.  When
I was an admin a couple of years ago we had a stack of failed Seagates 2 ft
high.  I have 8 boxes here, and have lost 1 drive in the past 2 years (a WD).
I have Quantum, Seagate (factory rebuilt scsi full-height 9 gig drives bought
a couple of years ago when storage was expensive and re-builts could be had
for cheap), WD and Maxtor drives.  I think we may be seeing a lot of failed
Maxtors because there are a LOT of Maxtors out there now (you can get a 30
gig Maxtor for $30 at Staples after the rebate).

 Maxtor bad, Matrox good.