At 11:03 AM 6/19/2003 -0500, you wrote:
On Thu, 19 Jun 2003 11:35:15 -0400
JoeHill <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>this worries me, I here a lot of Maxtor's failing on this list...

I've noticed that too..think I've seen it on other lists also.
Cust serv said "This drive's proven to be very solid"... right, this will be my third since December
and the second was brand new replacing the original within three weeks... and now not 5 months later.....
.
> > Will there be a time when no sources are available for 9.0?
> Of course! Go try to find anything for 8.2 right now, knowwhatimean?

Being pretty new to Linux (on and off for a couple years) this surprises me, I see a lot of people still running 8.2.
Guess it's time to join the Club.
thanks for the advise.

well i bought a WD For windows ONLY... My maxtor does linux duty. My g'f has a maxtor. No problems with either. But they bought out another company & repackaged them as maxtors on the box... maybe thats the problem? That was less than ayear ago.... I bought mine 2 years ago...

FemmeFatale, aka The Skirt

Good Decisions Your boss Made:
"We'll do as you suggest and go with Linux. I've always liked that
character from Peanuts."

- Source: Dilbert