Albert Charron wrote:

I got exactly the same problem when I set my CD-rom to scsi emulation. I'm also running MDK9.1.

I solve the problem so I think it could help if I post the way I solved it.

1- from package source manager, remove ALL entries

OK

2- delete ALL the content of /var/lib/urpmi

Do you mean all these
[EMAIL PROTECTED] root]# cd /var/lib/urpmi
[EMAIL PROTECTED] urpmi]# ls
compssUsers.flat synthesis.hdlist.Installation CD 1 (x86).cz
hdlist.Installation CD 1 (x86).cz synthesis.hdlist.Installation CD 2 (x86).cz
hdlist.Installation CD 2 (x86).cz synthesis.hdlist.International CD (x86).cz
hdlist.International CD (x86).cz
[EMAIL PROTECTED] urpmi]#

Including , compssUsers.flat  ?
I guess the rest are what you would be doing in 1- above,  though.

3- be sure your fstab is correct (I mean, your writer and dvd are mounting in the proper directory)

I'm sure mine are

4- put CD1 into the drive you want to use as URPMI source

OK

5- mount your cdrom (mount /mnt/cdrom)

yep that's the key to it , you have to speciffically mount the dvd, as, mount /dev/scd0 /mnt/cdrom first , then below.

5- from a terminal, use the command urpmi.addmedia -f --distrib removable://mnt/cdrom

then, happy URPMI :)

Because you removed all entries from package source manager, next time you'll run MandrakeUpdate, you'll have to choose a source (like you did the first time).

Hope this will solve your issue like it solved mine!

Thanks.

--
John Richard Smith
[EMAIL PROTECTED]