On Thursday 17 July 2003 00:28, Stephen Kuhn wrote:

Hi! Stephen! and Folks!

This JUST what I want to do!

The problem is.... I'm just a wannabe techie!

I can put several things into work but, this ONE I can't 'till now!

My server is all set but I can't read email from it (from a any other machine
on my soho-lan, can send it though!)

Can you point the way?

For example on Kmail (on a networked box) how should I tell the machine to
look on /var/something/ for the incoming mail?

What services should be UP an running to provide this?

Everything is just fine on my mdk9.1 server! But I would like to stop using it
to read/send email.

> Why not use FETCHMAIL to snag the mail for everyone and toss it to their
> accounts on the linux box, then the incoming mail can be run through
> PROCMAIL and milter and SpamAssassin, then have all the boxes on the lan
> access the mail via either IMAP or POP3 from the linux box...? And you
> can set up all the outbound SMTP to run through that same linux box so
> that it can be scanned with like CLAMAV on it's way out...ay?

Linux user # 102240 => [EMAIL PROTECTED] user => [EMAIL PROTECTED]
AntiVir for UNIX
Copyright (C) 1994-2002 by H+BEDV Datentechnik GmbH. All rights reserved.
For more information see http://www.antivir.de/ or http://www.hbedv.com/

Sun, 20 Jul 2003 03:25:00 -0300
 03:25:00 up 9 days, 13:05,  4 users,  load average: 2.07, 2.36, 2.51
I own seven-eighths of all the artists in downtown Burbank!