Frankie wrote:

Hi guys and ladies..

I have written to Joe off list and asked him not to leave.
We are not on the list for political reasons and they should
not be the reason for anyone to leave it either.

I apologise because for 2 times this month I have found
myself
to be a participant in heated OT discussions..

It is my fault for taking some things too personally, and I
will
try to do better in future and where I can't I'll make use
of the
OT list.

I hate the idea that I might be part of what makes newbies
think
that linux users are all fanatical evangelists..
its wrong and I don't want to perpetuate that myth.

kindest regards

Franki

Franki,

I don't think you have anything much at all to apologise for.

Each of us are entitled to our own opinions, and we are all free to express them. There is no censorship here.

I like to think we all want to keep our discussions polite , if for no other reason that it tends to weakens our own case to resort to bad language, and that is a pitty, when it often is the case, that an individual does have something to worthwhile to contribute.

So ordinary good manners aid any individuals contribution. It has to be recognised though that people will loose their tempers from time to time, and it says as much about our collective self to recognise that, how a community deals with that is a measure of it's greatness.

Now I would just like to say that the OT list exists for OT discusion, why not use it, and as soon at you feel the need happening, just transfer it with a note saying as such.It's not difficult to repost it to the newbieOT list.

John

--
John Richard Smith
[EMAIL PROTECTED]