On Tuesday 29 July 2003 05:21 am, John Richard Smith wrote:
> Dennis Myers wrote:
> >Has anyone installed two MLinux on two separate HDs on the same comp and
> >figured out how to get lilo to read them both at boot? I am trying to do
> > it so that I can beta test and yet run the regular system when I am not
> > running tests. Any hints or manual suggestions are appreciated, I have
> > not found anything to help.

I have a small 8GB drive with lilo installed, It has win98 and mandrake. I
installed on this drive because my second drive is a raid 0 array. When I got
the kernel compiled with the raid drivers I then copied the system to the
raid array and added a section in lilo for it.

On the array is win98, win2k, and mandrake each with an entry in LILO. THese
are the ones I use. If the array gets hosed I can boot win98 or mandrake off
the small drive and fix the problem i.e. re-compile the kernel or whatever.

The main reason I do this is because I never could get lilo on the raid array,
the 2 times I tried broke the array and lost the partitions. Or when I'd
upgrade the kernel the raid driver had to be re-compiled.

Jack