Dennis i have 4 on one disk. I call them:
Windows - 98se
Stable - mdk9.0
Tweak - mdk9.0
Update - mdk9.1

XFS partitions throughout the mdk stuff, with shared /home for s and t, one swap for
all. 15 partitions total. I play with 9.1 but still don't like it except some apps
that work better. I tweak the system in tweak and if i am happy with a change i put it
in stable which is my working install. Thus i got the firewall up in tweak to my
satisfaction before setting it up in stable etc.

You have to format all partitions on the first install. There is provision to set
other boot partitions during the expert install IIRC.
But once you have them installed it still pays to check /etc/lilo.conf and fstab.

With different kernals you must copy the different vmlinuz-XXXXXX and initrd-XXXX
files to each /boot/. In my case i had to copy them from update/boot/ - stable/boot/ &
tweak/boot/, and from stable/boot/ to update/boot/.

The last lilo you write out is the working one, but if each is not setup with the full
partition map from day one, then the reboot options in kdm are splatted. I went in
after install three and saved stable lilo as the real one.

It actually was a lot easier than it sounds. Just sit down and map your partitions
first. For two disks is should be much easier.

--
Michael