David wrote:
On Friday 01 August 2003 12:15 pm, David wrote:

On Friday 01 August 2003 01:00 am, Erylon Hines wrote:

You need a link to the libjavaplugin_oji.so, not the actual plugin.  The
plugin inself won't work if simply copied to the plugins directory.

When you open Mozilla, Help, About Plug-ins is Java shown?

No - Just Realplayer and Shockwave. I tried to urpmi the mozilla-java and it stopped when it found the libjavaplugin_oji.so in the plugin directory. Can I just delete it and try the urpmi again?

Ok installed JRE 1.4.2 and now have it showing up in the About Plugins.
Unfortuneatly, that didn't work either.
Maybe I should try Opera...

David,

I'm jumping in on this thread rather late I'm afraid - just got out of hospital and it is taking a while to catch up on all my mail.

Have you looked at the thread "Can't access my bank account", started 9/3/03? I had a similar problem to yours, and after trying several tweaks we came to the conclusion that it just wasn't possible to access my particular account without Windows - the bank software was using Active X controls, so had to be run through Internet Explorer. I just don't want you spending loads of time trying to do something that just isn't possible when you could be doing something useful instead.

If you haven't seen the thread, let me know - to save you trawling through archives, I could forward the messages to you.

Margot