On Friday 01 August 2003 06:03 pm, Margot wrote:

> > On Friday 01 Aug 2003 6:06 pm, Margot wrote:
> >>I'm jumping in on this thread rather late I'm afraid - just got out

--snip

> My "bank" was a savings account at Tesco (which is a supermarket, for
> non-uk readers who may not have heard of it!). David said his new
> account was a business account, so is probably with a "proper" bank -
> but they might be equally unenlightened when it comes to linux
> compatibility.
>
> I did send an email to Tesco pointing out that it was a bit odd, from a
> marketing point of view, that they were restricting themselves to a
> shrinking market of Windows users, and also mentioning security concerns
> - no reply yet!
>
> Gall bladder having been removed, I am feeling slightly better, and
> almost able to resume my linux self-education!
>
> Margot

It seems that here in the states that if you are not Windows you don't count.
There is a very myopic view point by IT that parallels the old IBM adage of
you can't get fired for buying M$.
Sorry, started on a rant.
After all of the input that I have had over the past couple of days, I am
confident and convinced that it is with the Bank. I have put in a request
that they test their software with a more global viewpoint in mind.
David

--

   ( )_( )
   ( o o )