On Wednesday September 3 2003 12:39 pm, HaywireMac wrote:
> I tried installing arts (urpmi arts), and restarted the sound
> service again, but in mplayer I still do not have the option to
> configure the arts sound driver...
>
> am I missing a step here?

   From the CL, 'mplayer -ao  arts <filename>' will use aRts for the
sound output.

   I made an alias for files alsa doesn't like (mostly Sorenson v3
QT movies). alias mpy='mplayer -ao  arts'
   So 'mpy <filename>' plays usin aRts.  Otherwise mplayer will use
the default sound server for your snd chip. Run 'draksound' as
root, an it'll tell you the default server, what you're currently
usin, plus a drop down list of those you can switch to. Best to
stay with your default tho, and only switch when needed on a temp
basis, like my alias does.