Hello Stephen,

SK> On Fri, 2003-09-05 at 12:54, Harv Nelson wrote:
>> H.J.Bathoorn wrote:
>>
>> My only reason for keeping a Windows machine is that here in the US, it
>> seems that Tax software is written to run only on the Evil Empire's
>> systems.  Does anyone know of good Tax program for Linux?  Then I could
>> toss the Windows machine for good.

I had a big flap about tax software this year and was also looking for
alternatives. Along the way I found a free spreadsheet that can do
taxes rather well. The site is updated each year to reflect the
changes. I didn't end up using it, so I can't give more details now.
Perhaps this will run in linux too.

SK> Not just the US, mate - if I could create/locate a tax proggie for here
SK> in the "Land Down Under", I reckon Windows would be history...

Are the oz taxes at all similar? If there are some similarities, the
above spreadsheet might be a starting point.

How about an open source tax spreadsheet? Might be a nice alternative,
and one more reason to toss M$.

--

 rikona                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]