On Sat, 2003-09-06 at 06:23, rikona wrote:

> Are the oz taxes at all similar? If there are some similarities, the
> above spreadsheet might be a starting point.

After doing biz for years back home in the US, I tend to reckon that Oz
taxes are now even easier to deal with than they've ever been in the
US...mind you, Australia changed over to GST a few years back and it's
similar to Canuck-ada and the Fourth Reich, er, the US...

> How about an open source tax spreadsheet? Might be a nice alternative,
> and one more reason to toss M$.

Have to check that out - I did some searching and found a few Aussie
companies that are providing linux/OSS alternatives to Winders stuff...

stephen kuhn - owner
illawarra computer services
a kuhn media australia company
http://kma.0catch.com