On Tue, 2003-09-09 at 23:58, Stephen Kuhn wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-09-10 at 01:44, David Anderson wrote:
<snip>

> > But what happens to web server pages, samba config, mail config, mySQL
> > databases?
>
> That stuff SHOULD be upgraded without a hitch (they have for me) - but
> always make a backup of your configuration data and your databases prior
> to doing anything of that sort.
>
> stephen kuhn - owner
> ==============================
<snip>

Don't know about a straight *upgrade* 9.0->9.1.

FWIW, however,if you decide instead to go for a clean *installation* of
9.1,then 'tar' /home, save it elsewhere (e.g. on a windows partition)
and you can copy it back to /home after the installation.
You will find that your user settings are restored for any program held
openly as a file in /home, e.g. "evolution", but not those in hidden
files, e.g. ".galeon",".opera"- so you will need to export things like
bookmarks for them to external files before 'tar'ring.

DougB