On Fri, 19 Sep 2003 13:20:49 -0400, Brant Fitzsimmons
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The "--update" switch tells urpmi to update the system from the
> *update urpmi source only*.
>
> Examples:
>
> "urpmi --updates --auto-select" will update everything from the
> *updates* urpmi source.
>
> "urpmi --auto-select" will update the machine from *all* urpmi
> sources.

Is it 'update', or 'updates'? I wonder if I did the wrong one because
after I rebooted all hell broke loose. There were scary messages on
boot. X loaded, but when I tried to log in, I was told /home didn't
exist! (the message was something like 'you could try to use /root, but
it won't work' ;).

An upgrade still had problems, so I re-installed (it's handy to have
/home is on a separate partition), reinstalled Sylpheed and everything
is exactly as it was, bar a few things in /etc.

If I got the update switch wrong, would updating from all sources
completely fubar my setup like that?

Richard
--
"Get up and turn I loose"