On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 04:01:19 -0400, Brant Fitzsimmons
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> It is "--update".  I apologize for the mistype in my example.
>
> I don't think it would do anything at all if you typed in --updates.
> I believe it would exit and tell you that --updates is not a valid
> option.
>
> As far as what has happened to your system...whether or not updating
> from all of your sources will fubar your system depends on what
> sources you have specified.

I lost my sources in the re-install, but they must have been
conflicting, as you say.

Before I tried an upgrade, I booted from CD1, mounted the partitions and
copied /var/log/messages to /root so I could look at it later. I thought
I was being really clever, but then I re-installed and lost it anyway...

Richard
--
"Get up and turn I loose"