On Saturday 27 September 2003 14:02, yankl wrote:
> On Saturday 27 September 2003 12:27 am, Lance Cummings wrote:
> > I put Cooker RC2 over my Bamboo last night, and I'm pretty
> > unhappy that I did so.

---8<---

> Kde packages after 3.1.2 got really segmented first try to run
> kmail from cli. If you will get an erorr message try to reinstall
> kdenetwork package. Just urpmi kdenetwork as root.

Reinstall of kdenetwork successfull, and thankfully mail database
still there.  <whew>  That is *not*, however, something one expects
of an upgrade routine.  (I still have to reconfigure my taskbar
application launch buttons, which is kind of rude.)  ^_^

Can you explain what you mean by 'got segmented'?  I understand the
words of course, but not the context as it relates to what happened
to me.

The reinstall of kdenetwork was slick as a whistle, and the KMail
menu was right where I would have expected it to be:
Networking>Mail>KMail.

Next steps are fonts (which Charlie has kindly offered help with) and
sound.  Anybody know how to get sound (using an Asus P4PE with
Soundmax on board)?  (Feel free to change the subject line if you
reply to that.)

Lance