Lance Cummings wrote:

On Saturday 27 September 2003 14:02, yankl wrote:

On Saturday 27 September 2003 12:27 am, Lance Cummings wrote:

I put Cooker RC2 over my Bamboo last night, and I'm pretty
unhappy that I did so.

---8<---

Kde packages after 3.1.2 got really segmented first try to run
kmail from cli. If you will get an erorr message try to reinstall
kdenetwork package. Just urpmi kdenetwork as root.

Reinstall of kdenetwork successfull, and thankfully mail database still there. <whew> That is *not*, however, something one expects of an upgrade routine. (I still have to reconfigure my taskbar application launch buttons, which is kind of rude.) ^_^

Can you explain what you mean by 'got segmented'? I understand the words of course, but not the context as it relates to what happened to me.

A lot of things got moved out of the kdebase into different packages. Sensible, since many people use KDE as a dektop environment but don't want every single app that starts with a "K" ;-) (for example, I use KDE for my desktop, largely because I share it with Windows users, but I use Mozilla for mail and browsing, LyX and OpenOffice for office work, and I connect with vdial rather than kppp).

Sir Robin

--
"I can say: 'Thank these bees for their honey as though they were kind people who have
prepared it for you'; that is intelligible and describes how I should like you to conduct

Robin Turner
IDMYO
Bilkent Univeritesi
Ankara 06533