On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 21:27:47 -0500
John Drouhard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> uttered:

> What is your startup script for running pekwm, xfce4-iconbox,
> xfce4-taskbar, and gkrellm?

#XFCE4 and Pekwm
xfce-mcs-manager
#xfwm4 --daemon
xfce4-iconbar &
#xfdesktop &
xset b off
xset m 50/10 3 &
gkrellm -w &
xscreensaver &
exec xfce4-panel &
Esetroot -f ~/wallpapers/basicbl.png &
exec ~/cvs2/pekwm/src/pekwm

of course, I'm running pek from my home dir, you would sub whatever
path to your WM.

> Also, how can I make the menu the same as Mandrake's menu? I would
> like to try this combination (right now I use all the XFce4 parts
> together: mcs daemon, iconbox, taskbar, desktop, xfwm...)

The menu part I'm not sure about, as you can see I don't run xfdesktop,
so that I can use the Pekwm root menu. To get the full Mandrake menu, I
believe you would have to use xfdesktop, but I am not sure how that
works, best to ask on the XFCE list, or maybe Stephen knows. Like I say,
I know Pek pretty well, but I'm not and XFCExpert... ;-)

The IconBox does not appear to work for me, I guess since I am not using
xfdesktop, but I never minimize apps anyway, so it's kind of a moot
point. I really just wanted the panel, system tray, and the settings
manager. I may eventually replace Gkrellm with just the appropriate
panel applets, I'm not sure yet.

--
HaywireMac
Registered Linux user #282046