On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 19:09:10 -0500
John Drouhard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> uttered:

> I have succeeded in running xfce4 with pek. It it's pretty awesome! I
> just have some questions:
>
> 1. How can I get new themes? The default purple one isn't to my
> liking.

Not too many themes available yet for the latest CVS. I have a couple I
could mail to you.

Check out the Pek site under Themes, there are some there.

> 2. Is there a way to make xfce4-panel not show up in the
> iconbar, and have it so that when you switch desktops with it, it
> stays up. (have it on all the desktops, and not the taskbar.)

Make the panel "sticky", you should have a setting for that in your
~/.pekwm/keys file. Mine is:

        KeyPress = "Mod4 a" { Actions = "Stick" }

I am not sure if this can be done at startup, I am currently
investigating whether the panel can be recognized by the
~/.pekwm/autoprops file.

I am not aware of any way to have the panel not show up in the iconbar,
since Pek sees it as an "app". Perhaps this is something that could be
discussed on the Pekwm-devel list?

> 3. Have the mouse acceleration not quite as fast.

Don't use my setting (xset m 50/10 3 &), use the XFCE settings manager
to set your mouse speed/acceleration.

> 4. Make gkrellm not appear in the taskbar, and have it on all
> desktops. make the menu appear on right click, and nothing on left
> click.

Again, not sure about Gkrellm, that's better asked on the XFCE lists, I
don't use the taskbar or iconbar, as I say, I never minimize my apps
since I use 10 desktops... :-)

To make the menu appear on right-click, change the setting in your
~/.pekwm/mouse file.

--
HaywireMac
Registered Linux user #282046