> On Tuesday 30 Sep 2003 5:06 pm, Teilhard Knight wrote:

Software
> Manager. Also make sure the pcmcia-cs RPM is installed (it should have
been
> installed by default)
>
> When you insert the card do you hear two 'beeps' from the speaker?
> Are they the same tone or different tones?
>
> When you then open Mandrake Control Centre>Networking
> does it list the wireless interface in the box with a driver name?
>
> When you go through the wizard does it say it has discovered a card?
> And does it then present you with a list of wireless parameters for you to
> fill in?
>
> If you do not see these things then open a console, enter su to become
root
> and enter
> cardctl ident
> and post the results to us.

Thanks very much, I am sorry I wasn't clear about what card I want to get
working. Actually I intended to get going the SMC external USB adapter in a
desktop machine. But what you tell me will help me to configure the 2Wire
card in the laptop. Actually in fact I need the wireless network in both the
desktop computer (with the SMC adapter), and the laptop (with the 2Wire
PCMCIA card). I'll do what you instruct me and I'll get back to you. If you
have some advise about the SMC adapter, it will be greatly appreciated.

Teilhard Knight
The Extraterrestrial