On Tuesday 30 Sep 2003 7:24 pm, Teilhard Knight wrote:
> > The 2Wire cards are, in fact, Orinoco cards, an
>
> Mandrake 9.1 should
>
> > recognize it natively...it did with mine at the very least...
>
> Thank you. I'll try to get going the PCMCIA card in the laptop, but if you
> have some advise for the SMC USB adapter it will be greatly appreciated.
>
> Teilhard Knight
> The Extraterrestrial

The SMC2662W uses the atmel chip set.

There is a driver for that in Mandrake 9.1 The atmelwlandriver, but I find it
quite unreliable and not that easy to set up.

There is an alternative driver at76c503a  which works a lot better.

There are instructions on how to compile it on my web site
http://www.jennings.homelinux.net/modules.php?name=Sections&op=viewarticle&artid=17

You may need to add the SMC device to the list of supported devices. My page
describes how to do that.

Also do not forget to install the kernel-source RPM which matches the kernel
you are using. The only other thing you need is the gcc compiler RPM.

derek

--
www.jennings.homelinux.net