On Tuesday 30 Sep 2003 8:16 pm, Teilhard Knight wrote:
SNIP

> > And does it then present you with a list of wireless parameters for you
> > to fill in?
>
> Yes, I do not know what to write in those parameters. I cannot write
> anything in the field for the IP address, not in the one for subnet mask.
>
> Teilhard

In the GUI enter the ESSID to be the same as your Windows Config.
It might be called a different name in Windows. Basically this us the name of
the wireless network. If you do not know how to set it, leave it as "any"

Enter MODE=Managed

Enter the RATE=11M

Enter the Encryption key - This *must* be the same as in Windows
If your Windows key is an Ascii string then prefix it with s:
As in
s:my_key

If your Key is a Hex number then enter it as
AA:BB:CC:DD:EE:FF

You can leave the other parameters blank.

If you get your IP address via DHCP from your wireless router then leave the
dhcp box ticked. If not untick it and enter an IP address.

When you exit the wizard with 'Finish' the light on the wireless card will
light and the interface will start working.  (If you got that encryption key
right)

Do *NOT* press OK to exit the drakconnect GUI A bug will cause you to lose the
config you just made.(Bug 1881- Still not fixed in 9.2)
Instead exit with 'Cancel'

derek

--
www.jennings.homelinux.net