On Wednesday 01 Oct 2003 1:57 am, Teilhard Knight wrote:
> > On Tuesday 30 Sep 2003 8:16 pm, Teilhard Knight wrote:
> > SNIP
> Huff, Derek, I don't know what I am doing wrong because I do not succeed in
> connecting to Internet.
>
> My encryption key is a ten digit number, so I wrote in the corresponding
> fields as: s:xxxxxxxxxx.

Are you **sure** it is an ASCII string that just happens to be numbers. Or
could it be a Hex number which just happens not to include any digit larger
than 9 ?
Try again giving it in the format xx:xx:xx:xx:xx

> The modem-router assigns the directions IP, so I never unchecked the DHCP
> box.
>
> I also know my ESSID: 2wire806. I suppose here I do not have to be careful
> with capitals or lower case letters.

Keep the capitalisation the same as in Windows

> I will try in a moment to write an IP address from the pool in the router,
> and see if I can connect.
>
> I think I followed your instructions carefully. Maybe I am doing something
> silly.
>
> Teilhard.

Also what do you see if you enter iwconfig  and ifconfig in a root terminal?
It may be the link is working but your default route is set to use a fixed
ethernet. (Post us the result from a 'route' command )

derek

--
www.jennings.homelinux.net