> On Tuesday 30 Sep 2003 5:06 pm, Teilhard Knight wrote:

Software

I installed the wireless-tools(some version).mdk

> Manager. Also make sure the pcmcia-cs RPM is installed (it should have
been
> installed by default)

I installed the pcmcia-cs(some version).mdk

> When you insert the card do you hear two 'beeps' from the speaker?
> Are they the same tone or different tones?

I inserted the card before booting.

> When you then open Mandrake Control Centre>Networking
> does it list the wireless interface in the box with a driver name?

Yes, etho1, with driver "orinoco_cs

> When you go through the wizard does it say it has discovered a card?

Yes

> And does it then present you with a list of wireless parameters for you to
> fill in?

Yes, I do not know what to write in those parameters. I cannot write
anything in the field for the IP address, not in the one for subnet mask.

> If you do not see these things then open a console, enter su to become
root
> and enter
> cardctl ident
> and post the results to us.

I didn't have to. If you just tell me what to write in the fields above, I
think I am done with the laptop. Thanks.

Teilhard