let me put it up top so Flavio might see it

I guess it means you better post your /etc/lilo.conf cause you don't
have the right hdyx (here y is a letter for the drive position on the
ide bus, and the x is a number for a partition.
your error might be any part of /etc/lilo.conf, so post the whole thing.

Mandrake HowTo's & More: http://twiki.mdklinuxfaq.org