On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 09:30:58 +0000
Flávio Henrique <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>         let me put it up top so Flavio might see it
>
>         I guess it means you better post your /etc/lilo.conf cause you
>         don't
>         have the right hdyx (here y is a letter for the drive position
>         on the
>         ide bus, and the x is a number for a partition.
>         your error might be any part of /etc/lilo.conf, so post the
>         whole thing.
>

> Ok... here is my lilo.conf
>
>         boot="/dev/hdc"
>         prompt
>         timeout="50"
>         message=/boot/message
>         root=/dev/hdc6
>         vga="padrã"

Right here is the problem. Make the line that currently reads
vga="padra"

vga=788

>         image="/boot/map"
>                 label="map"
>                 root="/dev/hdc6"
>                 read-only
>
>         image="/boot/vmlinuz-2.4.21-0.13mdk"
>                 label="2.4.21-0.13"
>                 root="/dev/hdc6"
>                 read-only
>
>         image="/usr/src/linux/arch/i386/boot/bzImage"
>                 label="Linux_Compiled"
>                 root="/dev/hdc6"
>                 read-only
>                 optional
>
>         image="/dev/hdd1"
>                 root="/dev/hdc6"
>
>         image="/dev/hdd1"
>                 root="/dev/hdc6"
>
>         image="/dev/hdd1"
>                 root="/dev/hdc6"

Why do you have three of the same entries? What are these for anyway? I
think you would be safe in getting rid of these.

>         other="dev/hdd1"
>                 label="windows"
>                 table=/dev/hdd
>                 map-drive=0x80
>                         to=0x81
>                 map-drive=0x81
>                         to=0x80

After making the changes, run lilo as root.

John Drouhard

--
Wed Oct  8 20:01:58 CDT 2003
They told me to install Windows 98 or better, so I installed Linux.