On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 10:31:50 +0000
Flávio Henrique <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > Why do you have three of the same entries? What are these for
> > anyway? I think you would be safe in getting rid of these.
> >
> > >         other="dev/hdd1"
> > >                 label="windows"
> > >                 table=/dev/hdd
> > >                 map-drive=0x80
> > >                         to=0x81
> > >                 map-drive=0x81
> > >                         to=0x80
> > >

> > After making the changes, run lilo as root.
> >
> > John Drouhard
>
> Ok... I made these changes and run #lilo...
> now the message is the following:
>
> Warning: LBA32 addressing assumed
> Added map *
> Added 2.4.21-0.13
> Skipping /usr/src/linux/arch/i386/boot/bzImage
> Fatal: open dev/hdd1: No such file or directory
>

> seems to be not right...

Ok, let me ask you why you have an entry that will try to boot
/boot/map?

This is my /etc/lilo.conf:

boot=/dev/hdc
map=/boot/map
vga=normal
default="linux-mm".
keytable=/boot/us.klt
prompt
nowarn
timeout=80
message=/boot/message
menu-scheme=wb:bw:wb:bw

image=/boot/vmlinuz
        label="linux"
        root=/dev/hdc5
        initrd=/boot/initrd.img
        append="noapic devfs=mount hdd=ide-scsi hdb=ide-scsi acpi=ht"
        vga=794
        read-only
image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.4.22-10mm.1mdk
        label="linux-mm"
        root=/dev/hdc5
        read-only
        optional
        vga=794
        append="noapic devfs=mount hdd=ide-scsi hdb=ide-scsi acpi=ht"
        initrd=/boot/initrd-2.4.22-10mm.1mdk.img
image=/boot/vmlinuz
        label="failsafe"
        root=/dev/hdc5
        initrd=/boot/initrd.img
        append="failsafe noapic devfs=nomount hdd=ide-scsi acpi=ht"
        read-only
other=/dev/hda1
        label="windows"
        table=/dev/hda
        map-drive=0x80
           to=0x81
        map-drive=0x81
           to=0x80
other=/dev/fd0
        label="floppy"
        unsafe

I suggest you model yours after mine, making the necessary adjustments.
The syntax is not that hard to understand. Once you have updated your
lilo.conf, post it here. Note, the append line will be completely
different for you, so I suggest you skip these lines in your file.
append="failsafe" is required if you want to boot into failsafe,
however.

HTH,
John Drouhard
--
Wed Oct  8 21:42:48 CDT 2003
They told me to install Windows 98 or better, so I installed Linux.