On Sunday 26 Oct 2003 10:35 pm, Damian Gatabria wrote:

> On cooker list, every single release cycle
> since i'm lurking on it, i see a thread starting
> about a month before scheduled release
> date. In this thread someone pleads for more
> testing/time and to kick the release date
> a little further into the future. The answer
> to those posters is always the same:
> "Bah, that was said also in the last cycle,
> and it went OK, so we don't need another
> beta. We don't need more time"

Damian, I'm not expressing an opinion, just exploring.  It seems to me
that the big question is 'why did this problem only surface so late
in the pre-release cycle?'.  There must be some connection with the
kind of people (their available equipment) who do the earlier stage
testing.  The next question has to be 'how can a more representative
sample of hardware be found during the testing phase?'.  Longer time
isn't enough, I think, unless we can answer those questions.

Anne
--
Registered Linux User No.293302