On Friday 07 Nov 2003 11:09 am, kat wrote:
> I did a fresh install of Mandrake 9.2 and have had no problems until now.
>
> I installed 'Fetchyahoo' last night, and when it asks for the spool path
> (usually '/var/spool/mail/username') I put that in.  However it said 'path
> not found,' and sure enough, it's not there.
>
> I use Kmail which set up my inbox, etc path in my home directory.  Is that
> where the spool would be?  Sorry to sound so idiotic.
>
> TIA,
>
> Kat
/var/spool/mail/username is where a mail server such as Postfix would put mail
for that account by default. I think if you tell Fetchyahoo to put the mails
directly in your KMail mail file it will work OK, but the mails will not be
highlighted as 'new mail'  (Try it and see)

You could always tell Fetchyahoo to put the mails in /var/spool/mail/username
(create the file first with 'username' as the owner), and then define a new
account in Kmail to look at the 'Local Mailbox'
KMail>Settings>ConfigureKmail>Network>Receiving>Add

derek
--
www.jennings.homelinux.net